Better than – The Babe, #23, and Honest Abe
With Coach Jeff Earlywine
Here is another short blog post. It is my time to anonymously brag on a client.
But first let’s consider some very famous people and how they have done.
The Sultan of Swat would lead a powerful and renowned New York squad to seven American League pennants and four World Series titles during his 15 years in New York. He led the AL in home runs 12 times, including his record-setting 60 in 1927 – a mark that stood for 34 years.
Ruth retired in 1935 after a partial season with the Boston Braves, ending his 22-year big league career with 714 home runs. His lifetime statistics also include 2,873 hits, 506 doubles, 2,174 runs, 2,214 RBI, a .342 batting average, a .474 on-base percentage and a .690 slugging percentage.
I quote Michael here, “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed.” Yes, he is the best of the best at basketball but he was not perfect.
What you may not know about one of the greatest past presidents.
· Lost job in 1832.
· Defeated for state legislature in 1832.
· Failed in business in 1833.
· Elected to state legislature in 1834.
· Sweetheart died in 1835.
· Had nervous breakdown in 1836.
· Defeated for Speaker in 1838.
· Defeated for nomination for Congress in 1843.
· Elected to Congress in 1846.
· Lost renomination in 1848.
· Rejected for land officer in 1849.
· Defeated for U.S. Senate in 1854.
· Defeated for nomination for Vice President in 1856.
· Again defeated for U.S. Senate in 1858.
· Elected President in 1860.
Now for my client
They are an insurance agency client. Today during a coaching session they told me that they have closed 100% of all possible quotes given out since I have been coaching them. Yes I am one proud business coach. But consider this - their record literally shatters the greats above.
How are they doing it? Setting their goals, developing and working their plan and letting numbers tell them how they are doing. Purpose-Plan-Profit.
· They know their product and their ideal client.
· They know what they want to accomplish
· They work their plan “daily.”
· They are willing to be held accountable